The geodesic dome was made famous by Buckminster Fuller in the mid 20th Century and has remained popular with hobbyists ever since. Romania’s Biodomes is the latest in a long line of firms to design houses centered around the geodesic dome and its models can operate off-the-grid and withstand severe earthquakes and winds.
Continue Reading High winds and earthquakes should prove no match for a Biodomes home
- Dutch vacation home rises like a diamond out of the dunes
- Hobbit hole-style luxury home hits the market
- Container-based homes designed to meet a multitude of needs
- Toybox Tiny Home stands out from the crowd
- Ecoshelta prefab homes strive for sustainability from the ground up
- Dwell’s zero energy Emerald Star home uses almost entirely reclaimed wood